This week in housing news you can use, find out how much house you can get for $300K, the best cities for rental properties and take a look inside a modern yet stylish portable prefab.
9 Best cities for investments
If you’re looking for a city to buy a rental-home investment, these nine locales took top honors from HomeUnion, a real estate investment management company. The numbers are based on the first quarter of 2017, based on first-year returns.
|City||Price||YOY change %||Cap %|
|Oklahoma City, OK||$97,962||22.4||8.2|
|St. Louis, MO||$96,412||8.3||8.1|
Source: Business Insider
What do you get for $300K?
With a $300,000 mortgage prequalification, what you get for the money varies by location. Here are the states GoBankingRates.com ranked best bang for the buck.
States That Buy the Most Square Footage for $300,000:
- Indiana: 3,478 Square Feet
- Mississippi: 3,402 Square Feet
- Arkansas: 3,390 Square Feet
- Ohio: 3,366 Square Feet
- West Virginia: 3,360 Square Feet
- Alabama: 3,256 Square Feet
- Oklahoma: 3,175 Square Feet
- Kansas: 3,053 Square Feet
- Missouri: 3,051 Square Feet
- Georgia: 3,020 Square Feet
States That Buy the Least Square Footage for $300,000:
- District of Columbia: 603 Square Feet
- Hawaii: 625 Square Feet
- California: 1,066 Square Feet
- Massachusetts: 1,327 Square Feet
- Colorado: 1,471 Square Feet
- Oregon: 1,588 Square Feet
- Rhode Island: 1,634 Square Feet
- New York: 1,664 Square Feet
- Washington: 1,694 Square Feet
- Montana: 1,779 Square Feet
Source: RIS Media
This is one sweet portable prefab
Prefab homes don’t always catch the eye of a designer. But sleek, modern prefab Coodo 64 units were featured by Elle Décor for their stylish and unique options. The shipping-container-sized units can be stacked and connected a number of ways to fit your desired configuration. They’re made with mostly recycled products and have smart-home capabilities. Best of all, you can move them anytime.
Source: Elle Décor via YouTube
Experience smarter real estate with Redefy. If you’re selling, our $3000 listing fee saves you thousands for more important things!