If you’re looking for a luxe South Florida lifestyle without the million-dollar house, this is where to start. We asked real estate expert John Kromer to share 5 neighborhoods you should check out. Yes, some of these enclaves have the big-ticket homes, but all have a variety of home sizes and prices.
One important thing to note is that although some homes and condos may be inexpensive, the bells and whistles come at a price. Gated communities at the very least have an HOA, plus there may be fees for the exercise facilities. Most but not all country clubs require membership at some level. But if you save on the house, you’ll have more money to play!
Artesia is a maintenance-free gated community in Sunrise. The development is exclusively condos and townhomes with upscale, park-like grounds and really nice amenities. First built in 2007, Artesia homes start in the low $200Ks and go up to the $500Ks. HOA fees vary by property. New construction is also available.
- Fitness Facility, cardio and physical equipment, massage rooms and saunas.
- Indoor sports court for basketball, aerobics and yoga.
- Sports Lounge with billiards and card tables.
- Oval pool surrounded by private cabanas, dedicated lap pool, lagoon pool with tiki bar.
- Lighted tennis courts.
- Easily located to Sawgrass Mills Mall and Sawgrass Expressway.
BallenIsles Country Club
Known for being the home of tennis stars such as Serena Williams, BallenIsles is a gorgeous gated master planned community in Palm Beach Gardens. Golf is a high standard here; in fact, the PGA of America was headquartered at the country club in the ’60s and ’70s. What may surprise you is that you can find a patio home or condo from the mid-$200Ks. There are definitely homes in the millions, but the median closing price is only $483,000. Membership is required at this luxe South Florida enclave, but comes in four levels.
- Over 1,500 individual homes in 33 distinct neighborhoods.
- About 1,300 acres with three gated entrances off PGA Boulevard, Military Trail and Northlake Boulevard.
- Three championship golf courses; 54 holes total
- 72,000 square foot grand clubhouse with dining facilities, pro shop and locker rooms.
- 62,000-square-foot sports complex which is one of the leading tennis facilities in the country.
- 22 tennis courts, a tennis shop, a spa & salon, fitness center and a large outdoor pool with cabana facilities.
Chateaux at Miralago
Chateaux at Miralago in Coral Gables (Parkland) is a master planned luxe community with a variety of home options. A development of Coral Gables-based CC Homes, Chateau at Miralago sits on one of Parkland’s largest lakes and boasts oodles of amenities for resort-style living. New models of the larger single-family homes are listed in the $700Ks, but the development also includes smaller homes and townhomes. The median home price in Parkland is $416,000.
- Resort style pool, kid splash zone, playground, basketball and tennis courts.
- Large Club house, aerobics/yoga studio, ballroom, fitness center.
- Close to major roadways like the Florida Turnpike, Sawgrass Expressway, University Drive and US 441/State Road 7.
- Home features include concrete tile roofs, brick pavers, landscaping, termite treated foundations, high ceilings, tankless water heaters, high-end appliances, smart home technology systems.
Gleneagles Country Club
This is classic luxe South Florida country club living in DelRay Beach. It’s a coveted address and you’re not going to be disappointed at all this community has to offer if you love the golf lifestyle. You’re probably expecting homes in the millions, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find condos that start in the mid $100Ks and single-family homes from the $200Ks. However, club membership is required and comes in four levels: social, golf, tennis and full.
- Community events, gaming (Bridge, Mah Jongg, etc.) and social clubs.
- Clubhouse with resort-style pool, hot tubs, cabanas.
- State-of-the-art exercise facility.
- Three restaurants and two lounges, plus a large party room.
- 36 holes of championship-level golf with onsite PGA pros.
- Tennis facility with 21 courts.
- Located between Interstate 95 and Florida’s Turnpike.
Grand Harbor, Vero Beach
Grand Harbor has the double bonus of being a gated golf community with its own marina. This oceanfront enclave definitely has its share of million-dollar properties, but there are condos starting at $100K and single-family homes starting in the mid-$200Ks. Residents are not required to have a golf club membership, but many choose the social club membership which allows limited golf and tennis privileges 6 times per year.
- Two championship golf courses and clubhouses.
- Tennis complex.
- Grand Harbor Club offering fine dining and entertainment.
- Grand Harbor Beach Club with private beach, pool and dining.
- Deep-water marina with 130 slips that can accommodate vessels up to 120 feet in length with a draft of six feet at low water.
John Kromer is the Regional Director of Florida for Redefy
Redefy is the full service real estate experience for home buyers and sellers. Personal service and great tech work seamlessly to meet all your needs. Flat fee listings save you thousands for more important things in life — like golf and pool toys!